Ares Games

Daniel's Notepad

Blog about Traveling on Wings of Glory

1. Journey on the Wings of Glory - Chapter 5: First Time on a Boardgame Convention

16/06/2016

I couldn't sleep well, so it was a good opportunity to make some work on my trains. I did a complete one (photos will be tomorrow, after my mission) and prepared for receiving my Origins badge. When I met Andrzej in the hall we went there and after few minutes we have our badges on our necks. So, what next? Of course, breakfast. Fully "English" one, but help me be awake for the whole day.

Good Morning, Columbus
    Name:  20160616_063718_HDR.jpg
Views: 831
Size:  99.5 KB ...

Updated 06-01-2022 at 05:13 by Dan-Sam

Categories
    Origins 2016
  2. Journey on the Wings of Glory - Chapter 4: The Longest Day

15/06/2016

5:45
    Wake up, sleeper, it's time!
    After just 4.5 hours in my bed I need to continue with packing. One half empty big bag (said anyone magical word "Sails"?) and one much smaller as my personal laguage. Everything is done, let's go for a tram.

8:30
    Waiting in the hall, checked-in with all three boarding passes, big bag somewhere for security control. Bad news is that I must take it in Toronto and go through whole procedure again. ...

Updated 06-01-2022 at 05:13 by Dan-Sam

Categories
    Origins 2016
  3. Journey on the Wings of Glory - Chapter 3: Preparations

Time is running like there won't be tommorow and I am counting last days (and hours) until my plane will take off. And of course, much of work must be done! My To Do List has about 31 rows (55 % done!) and there are only two evening to work.

Yesterday, I had a special day. It was a part of my preparations to the journey in some way. On 01/06/2016 I had 30th birthday and my mother gave me a voucher for 1 hour on flight simulator (my mum exactly knows what men are dreaming about). I ...

Updated 06-01-2022 at 05:11 by Dan-Sam

Categories
    Origins 2016
  4. Journey on the Wings of Glory - Chapter 2: Prague Con '16

Prague Con 2016 is definitely over. It was a pleasure run event like this and believe me, I know what about I am talking. The last days before Con were pretty busy for me, especially because I neet to do some last things (ordered framing of diplomas, their pickup, creating, printing and cutting all nametags etc.). And all of my task must be on time, because we had some problems with timeline last years. IT was good that I have not a test shift in my work on Friday and I headed almost directly to ...

Updated 06-01-2022 at 05:11 by Dan-Sam

Tags: CON, Origins, Prague
    Categories
    Origins 2016
  5. Journey on the Wings of Glory - Chapter 1: How It All Began

It is Thursday, 21//04/2016, 22:30. Tomorrow the fifth Prague Con begins. Three days and two evenings, full of games, friends and fun. And it is the reason why I am writing this text now, because it all begins at Prague Cons.
    A four years ago, two friends (Andrzej & Sven) wanted to meet each other and they agreed that the best place to be in Prague, which is halfway between their homes. The first two years were modest - few players in a small room, that was all. The former if Con tradition ...

Updated 06-01-2022 at 05:10 by Dan-Sam

Categories
    Origins 2016
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234