Ares Games

Bloody April 1918 Campaign

1. Turn 13

Albers fights to recover control from the dive he threw himself into trying to escape the 5 Spads chasing his after he blew up the observation balloon last turn. He plummets nearly 4,000 feet out of control! The ground is coming up fast! Will he recover in time??

12 Sqn completed a second artillery spotting mission and is now returning to base.

The Anti-Aircraft seem to have worked their range out as the fire is getting more deadly. Cosby was hit while he nursed ...

Updated 05-07-2013 at 08:31 by diceslinger

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Scenario 1 Turns 11 & 12

[SIZE=2]Turn 11 [/SIZE]

2 Sqn A (1) was hit by AA and shot down while artillery spotting! A lucky shot, brought him down in flames close to Lens. Reports are that it was Willmot and Moore, and it has been confirmed that they were killed as their plane caught fire and plunged to the ground over the trenches. Brave infantrymen recovered the bodies and they were buried close to the front.

[SIZE=2]Turn 12[/SIZE]

A lone pilot from Jasta 30 (counter C) had ...

Updated 05-07-2013 at 08:31 by diceslinger

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Generic dogfight setup

For the Bloody April 1918 campaign, I needed a way to replicate the advantage a plane has in the Bloody April game on the Wings of Glory table. In Bloody April a flight gets shots based on factors such as aggression, altitude, attacking from the rear, and attacking out of the sun. I’ve created the setup below give an advantage based on the shots each side gets in the Bloody April game.
    Setup rules:
    Defender is the side with fewest shots in the Bloody April game. Subtract the defender’s ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Scenario 1 Turn 10

Currently the Bloody April game is at turn 10. It is March 4th 1918. The current time is 10:48 AM The weather is clear, and a 15 MPH wind blows from the northeast.
    The air is full of planes this morning with:

2 Sqn (Counter 1) performing an artillery cooperation mission trying to soften up fortifications in Lens.
    2 Sqn (Counter 2) is just finishing up a photo recon mission over the Provin aerodrome and the railway around it. The aerodrome might be getting some ...

Updated 05-07-2013 at 08:30 by diceslinger

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Bloody April 1918 Campaign....the beginning

So here is the deal. I got the game [I]Bloody April 1917, Air War over Arras, France[/I] for Christmas, and have been working since then to come up with a system to play the dogfights using Wings of Glory. I figured out a rough framework, but I came to the conclusion that of all the early 1917 plane represented in Bloody April I only had miniatures for a few. I have the cards to do it, but the miniatures really make the game come alive. So short of spending a good bit of cash on Shapeways planes ...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12