Ares Games

Blackronin

1. The Kindness of Strangers - Chapter 8 - A Pair of Flies

[B][I]June 8, 1940[/I][/B]

[I]"How was it your first kill?" "What?" "Your first kill. Was it a fighter? A bomber? When was it?" "It was March first, 1937, Kyte." "Good Lord. You know the exact date?!" "Yes, Natalya kissed me for the first time that day." "What!? You remember the date because of a kiss and not because of a plane you've downed?!" "Both things were important..." "I see... And what was ...
  2. The Kindness of Strangers - Chapter 7 - A Myth That Was True

[B][I]June 4, 1940[/I][/B]

[I]"So... you are saying that there were P-40's in France in June?" "Yes. P-40's B. I've flown one." "No way! The French Arm้e de l'Air only had P-36's Hawks from the Americans." "Well... They had a few P-40's and never learned that they had them." "Good Lord. One more of your stories, Joaquim?!" "Yes, Dave, one more. And I have a Pole friend... if he's still alive... who can confirm it. He flew one ...
  3. Wings of War and Glory - Interlude 5: Dangerous Waltz

[B][I]January 3, 1916[/I][/B]

"What are you doing, you stupid man?!" "Listening to a waltz, Rita?!" "I'm not talking about this moment!" "What are you talking about, then?" "About being shot down!" "I've crash-landed, i wasn't shot down... Do you want to dance?" "No! Call it what you want. You've been very sick and in the next flight you take you're shot down! Isn't that stupid?" "Crash-landed, Rita. Don't ...
  4. Wings of War and Glory - Chapter 8: Dangerous Dance

[B][I]December 28, 1915[/I][/B]

[I]Night is falling. I'm tired of guarding my plane. It's cold and I'm shaking for hours. Finally the truck arrives. Thorsten, Tobias and Sven jump from it. Thorsten grabs my arm with friendship and a big smile in his face. "When the soldier you sent arrived at the 'drome and told us you were here and well we almost kissed him." I laughed loud. "Help me load the remains of the plane and let's get to the mess. I'm starving." [/I] ...
  5. Some Chosen Solo Rules for the Wings of War an Glory Campaign

[B]Rudder Jams[/B]
    Play the Rudder Jam damage as normal, ie no move in that direction for 1 game turn, then remove one L or R turn as appropriate from the manoeuvre deck for the rest of the game (and a one appropriate sharp turn if aircraft has one); damage is cumulative. This is a house rule but it adds a permanence to the damage and is representing reduced rudder efficiency.
    [I][B]Clarification: [/B][/I]Sideslips are not counted as turns for removal in this rule; Only 1 turn card ...