Ares Games

Blackronin

1. The Kindness of Strangers WW2 Solo Campaign: Prologue 2 - Drôle de Guerre?!

[B][I]May 28, 1940[/I][/B]

"You can grab the bottle on the left closet."
    "The bottle? There are several bottles here, sir."
    "Don't sir me, now, Joachim. Just grab one of them."
    "Okay. Glasses?"
    "Somewhere in there there must be two or three of them reasonably clean. You did well today, Joachim."
    "Thank you. You too."
    "How was it there for you?"
    "Where?" ...
  2. The Kindness of Strangers WW2 Solo Campaign: Chapter 13 – Rookies rookies rookies

[B]July 13, 1940[/B]

[I]"What were you doing before you became a pilot, Cael?" "I was working in communications, sir." "You don't have to sir me here, Cael... But you've requested a transfer for pilot training?" "No sir... aaah, Joachim..." "What? How come?" "I was sent to test my vision... I had some problems of... ah... headaches and the Medic Officer said I had excellent vision and that people like me were what the air force ...
  3. The Kindness of Strangers WW2 Solo Campaign: Chapter 12 - Opening Stages

[B][I]July 11, 1940[/I][/B]

[I]After Dunkirk we've had less than a month to build up the battered and dwindled squadrons that fought in France. Under the guidance of Squadron Leader Kyte we've made several flights getting acquainted with the Spitfires. But it wasn't enough. The pilots that became Green Section arrived three days ago. And now the Germans were again on the move. Sinking ships and probing our defenses. And once again, we weren't ready. But this time, we had at least ...
  4. Shadows of the Mountain of Games – Second – Descent 2nd Edition

The year was 1986. There were these adventure books where you were the hero. The first one that fell into my hands was part of a collection called “Lone Wolf”. You would follow a path “chosen” by you, connecting the numbers and pages, going forward and backward, creating a story and fighting monsters and bandits. A die, a sheet of paper and a pencil and off you go. That was my first plunge into RPG’s. I was fifteen years old and I tore off that book, repeating the adventure in that hot summer of ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images  
  5. Shadows of the Mountain of Games – First - The Call of Cthulhu

The second RPG I’ve ever played was The Call of Cthulhu. Chaosium 2th Edition. Having read several Lovecraft novels and stories and having already opened my wings as a player and game master with D&D 1st Edition – the beautiful Red Box – I was immediately hooked by this possibility. As I was reading the rules I knew I would be a keeper of Call of Cthulhu forever. Years and years of gaming in the realms of the Outer Gods followed. This was a game for me. Not that I was specially enthusiast about ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images