Ares Games

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. The Big Hunt - Prologue - Part 2

"What do you mean, you don't know?! You must know where you are taking us, for Christ sake!" After this tirade Lord Bramble sipped his Porto wine, a bit ashamed of his loud voice. Kinnison breathed deeply and as he was preparing to speak two gentlemen approached the table. "So there you are", one of them said. Kinnison got up and shook his hand. "Deez! Welcome. And I would say that this gentleman is..." The other smiled. "Kyte. Hugh. Brother." And shook Kinnison's ...
  2. The Big Hunt - Prologue

[I]The Great War is Over.
    Never again another war like this one, or so they say.
    This war that ended all wars.
    Peace! Prosperity. Technological advancements.
    The year is 1920.
    Secretly an invitation is sent to some pilots that fought over the trenches. Comrades in arms, even if they fought in opposite sides of the battlefield.
    Courageous, steady men are needed for an amazing and secret endeavour.
    A big fat hunt in a place where man has never been ...
  3. 16th Solitaire Game with Richard Bradley Rules - Respect!

"Rittmeister Joachim, we are taking too many losses over our control zone in the front. It's time to redeploy your squadron over there" "Jawoll, Hauptmann Schroeder." "Worried?" "I don't want to find myself duelling a friend." "But you know your duty, yes?" "Jawoll, Hauptmann Schroeder. I just..." "I know, Joachim. You owe him the return of one of your men. But duty is duty and I bet that he also knows that." "Jawoll, Hauptmann ...
  4. How to do an Observation Balloon

I needed a balloon so I decided to scratchbuild one. With the nice help of Dave (Clipper) on correct measurements I start making the paper moulds for the Balloon. You can look for the plans in the file section:

[IMG]http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42612&d=1335351216[/IMG]

After the moulds were created, I cut the numerous parts in cardboard from a pizza package. I love pizza and I love cardboard.

[IMG]http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42613&d=1335351231[/IMG] ...
  5. Solo Campaign with RB Solo rules: Scenario 15 - Solitary Hunting

"Rittmeister Joachim, why have you left alone? Haven't I told you that you should take your flight with you?" "Jawoll, Hauptmann Schroeder. But as I was testing my new plane, I thought that I should go alone." "Why?" "I didn't want to put them at risk." "But you put yourself at risk by going alone, yes?" "Jawoll, Hauptmann Schroeder. I just..." "I understand, son. You almost lost one of your men. But listen to this very carefully: ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized