Ares Games

Ramblings Over the Front

The occasional post of my Wings of War/Glory gaming and collecting.

1. Luke and Lothar Have Arrived

Within the last week or so I have been able to buy a couple of planes (one from eBay and one from a member here)...Frank Luke and Lothar von Richthofen. I already have the Rahn Fokker Dr.I, and have shied away from the Red Baron Syndrome (similar to the Maus Syndrome of WWII), but wanted another strange looking Dr.I, so Lothar was going for a good price and has found his way into my small but slowly growing collection. And of course I just HAD to have another American plane as having only one ...
  2. Shapeways and the Pfalz

For the last few weeks I have been doing several flyovers at the Shapeways site. I have been able to resist purchasing anything to this point because I am lazy. I like the fact that I do not have to build, paint, and add decals in order to play Wings of War/Glory. Out of the box, onto the gaming table, simple. Add to the fact that at times the Shapeways products can be "gritty" looking has made it easier to resist the Shapeways temptation. That may have changed....

Updated 07-19-2013 at 09:03 by predhead

Categories
    Pfalz , Shapeways
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images  
  3. Blog? Another Stinkin' Blog?

Not sure why I am doing this, other that at this moment the Wings of War...er, Glory...bug has bitten me again. We gamed a bit of WoW (darn it, I will never get used to WoG) several days ago, and I enjoy the ease of the rules and the fact I do not have to do any painting! I am now committed to hosting some WoW games at my place over the next few months, so the bug should be hard to kill.

I run a few blogs already, ranging from gaming to history, so this blog will see only the most ...

Updated 07-19-2013 at 10:18 by predhead

Categories
    Shapeways