Ares Games

Ramblings Over the Front

The occasional post of my Wings of War/Glory gaming and collecting.

1. Dawn Patrol Rendezvous Recap

There are a SLEW of pictures found in this album: http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/album.php?albumid=3126

I believe I have recovered sufficiently enough to put together a bit of a summary of my experiences of the recent Dawn Patrol, held at the National Museum of the United States Air Force. Overall, it was a great weekend. The weather cooperated with cool morning temps ...
  2. The Stand: The Final Flight of Frank Luke, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by predhead View Post
    Submit a Book Review
    Book Title:
    The Stand: The Final Flight of Frank Luke, Jr.
    Author:
    Stephen Skinner
    ISBN:
    Category:
    Biography
    Format:
    Hardback
    Summary:
    It is not often I read biographies, I tend to stick towards the operation side of things. But for some reason I was drawn to read Stephen Skinner's The Stand: The Final Flight of Lt. Frank Luke, Jr. The better half picked this one up for me recently as a birthday gift (shouldn't our parents - particularly our mothers - be the
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images  
  3. Aerodrome Accessories Orders/New Birds/Readings

Very recently I placed two orders a few days apart for some new toys. Rulers, fire and smoke markers (for scouts, bombers, and balloons), and three aircraft (Fokker E.III, Airco DH.2, and the Aviatik D.I). I wanted to enhance my gaming table a bit with the rulers and damage markers, and wanted a couple of early war kites to use. The Linke-Crawford Aviatik just looks so COOL I had to scoop up one of those as well.

Ordering from AA, as I am sure you all know, is very easy. Turnaround ...
  4. Resources

As I move forward with my Wings of War/Glory gaming project, I realized that I needed a place to put all the interesting sand necessary links I have been coming across on the World Wide Web. To that end I have created a Resources page, mostly a placeholder for things I know I will need to go back to from time to time. At this point there are links for online shops, wishlists, and a listing of my current Nexus/Ares collection. Of course I will be adding to it as I find more interesting sources ...