Ares Games

Ramblings Over the Front

The occasional post of my Wings of War/Glory gaming and collecting.

1. N.124 Action

We held another great gaming session at the Dragon's Guildhall. As I do not know everyone's 'Drome handle to list all the players, I will say that we had 6 participants at one table (a smaller group than usual due to vacations and other happening), gaming a little early war action over France.*

The group I gamed with saw the pilots of Escadrille Americaine (N.124), using ...
  2. Those 103rd Aero Boys

Just a piccie of the various 103rd Aero SPAD C.VIIs I have - Soubiran (Ares), Baer (R.A.F.), Biddle (R.A.F.), and another Baer in which I painted the cowling a different color. Deep Cut Studios mat is the playing surface. The 103rd used the SPAD VII into July and perhaps August 1918.

The SPAD VII is one of those planes that does not seem to do well in Wings (due to a tendency ...
  3. Deep Cut Studios - The New Mat

Victor Chapman's Nieuport 11, somewhere over France.

Some weeks ago I had posted on the forum about trying to obtain a gaming mat that would be easy to carry and store, as well as fit the tables at the game store (Dragon's Guildhall near Dayton, Ohio) where the Wright Flight holds its monthly Wings sessions. After much research and gnashing of teeth, I decided to go with a Deep Cut Studio ...