Ares Games

Ohio Open Tournament - The Soldiery - 8-7-2011

Pictures from both rounds of the WoW Tournament, plus a few from a pickup game of DoW beforehand. Captions coming asap.
  1. This was a busy day, so hopefully I will get most of these captions correct.  I believe this is a shot, from our DoW pick-up game, of my Zero...
  2. Tommy-Z plotting my and Jager's demises...
  3. Karl (A.K.A Jager) plotting CappyTom's and TommyZ's demises, while getting very little help from me, as my Zero is fully engulfed in flames by now...
  4. ...and of course now Jager's Zero is also on fire... as TommyZ and CappyTom line up for the finishing blows...
  5. The 1:1 hand compared to the 1:200 scale aircraft... a bit scary for those teeeny pilots...
  6. Ok... so after Jager went down in flames,, we started Game Two.  Here I am on my first pass, taking damage from CappyTom. I of course immediately...
  7. And so begins round one of the WoW Tournament.  Entente vs. Central Powers.  The sides were uneven for this round, with the Central Powers having one...
  8. Meanwhile, one Bonus objective has already been Recon'd at the far end of the table and a second is soon to go down in the middle...
  9. Not much later, ToddWF in his Dr.I scores a kill by "Boom" card against TommyZ's RAF SE5.A.   ...and the kills start mounting!   At least the "Boom"...
  10. Jager manages to score a Bonus objective while getting in a sweet shot on Mark's E.IV.  Mark is of course trading shots at The Cowman in front of...
  11. CappyTom makes a run at a Bonus Objective in his custom Guynemer Spad XIII; as ToddWF and Jim regroup off in the distance on his right side...
  12. Jager narrowly misses a Recon run at the Bonus objective but manages to shoot down The Cowman for the second time in this round, (That would be four...
  13. Jager and CappyTom go head-to-head!
  14. Here I go again, about to go head-tohead with yet another pair of enemy aircraft.  I wonder how this will turn out for me?
  15. A little perspective from the other side of the table, as ToddWF closes on TommyZ's tail.  In the distance you can see CappyTom and Jager doing the...
  16. Luckily... and I do mean luckily... The Cowman manages to close in enough to keep either of the enemy aircraft from getting in a shot...   perhaps...
  17. Here we find Mark's beautiful Fokker E.IV on fire as Jim takes down CappyTom's Spad... TommyZ heads in to get revenge for his team!
  18. It is once again two against one, as Jager and Jim close on the Cowman... and The Cowman prepares to execute a perfect Immelman in the hopes of...
  19. ...meanwhile it looks a little precarious for TommyZ's SE5.A as the tenacious Mark and his E.IV get a bead on Tommy's Tail!
  20. The triple guns on Mark's E.IV spit lead once again and TommyZ goes down hard!
  21. ToddWF shows off his "critical hit" card (We used them as "Demise" cards) after finally being shot down by CappyTom.  (That DR.I absorbed quite a few...
  22. From Left to Right: ToddWF, Jim, and Mark!   (Hopefully I can drag Jim and Mark onto the forums so I can add them to the flight roster as well!)
  23. From Left to Right:  Mark, Jager and The Cowman (me).  THe odd colored substance in the Mt. Dew bottle is Diet Coke...   no... reallly... I swear on...
  24. Again from Left to Right: TommyZ, ToddWF, and Jim.  Taking the last three pictures, but forgetting to take one of himself would be our Squadron...
  25. For Round 2 we played on a smaller map set, and played with all damage cards shown openly...  here you can see the pounding my DR.I has taken,  but...
  26. I manage to get my DR.I too close to Jager's SE5.A to get in a shot... but not far enough away from CappyTom to avoid taking a few shots down my left...
  27. Meanwhile, my prey, the infamous World War Flying Ace Snoopy in his custom Sopwith Camel, is managing to pull away and elude my chase!!!  ...
  28. Jager and Mark (Snoopy) have managed to take a little bit of damage so far in this round...
  29. ...meanwhile Jim's Albatross has been seriously shot to pieces...
  30. ToddWF's DR.I is looking a little worse for wear as well!
  31. TommyZ and CappyTom have both taken light damage so far...
  32. ToddWF just misses an opportunity at the Bonus Recon Objective, but manages to pour hot lead into TommyZ's SE5A.  So hot, in fact, that his plane...
  33. ToddWF gets in a long range shot on CappyTom and reduces his kite to flaming bits.  It was reported that a small ghostly pilot with angel wings was...
  34. Jager manages to put TommyZ into the ground, with Jim getting in an assist from behind as well...
  35. Snoopy (Mark) gets in his second kill of the round on ToddWF...
  36. Jager demonstrates some incredible bullet dodging...  10 cards, but only 9 points of damage and no serious special damage.
  37. CappyTom turns TommyZ's SE5A into a cloud of flames and ash...
  38. After having been shot down four times so far in the day (six times if you count the DoW pickup game before the tournament) The Cowman finally scores...
  39. ...meanwhile during the same turn, smoke pours from ToddWF's DR.I as he tangles with CappyTom!
  40. A high altitude view of Round 2, Turn 10.
  41. The Cowman, Jager, and Snoopy close for a final encoutner in the second round.  A little birdy was telling me that I was no going to survive the...
  42. TommyZ shows off some incredible luck of his own when it comes to the cards...
  43. Here we have the whole crew -  
Back Row from Left to Right: Jim, ToddWF (Todd), The Cowman (me), and Jager (Karl) 
Front Row from Left to Right:...
Showing photos 1 to 43 of 43